As a national non-profit prepared to launch a new initiative, I worked alongside the founder to develop the name, logo, website, content and overall brand messaging.
An industry leader needed to reframe their messaging so that their brand matched the innovations it creates. I had the privilege of leading the initiative to redefine the brand voice, and teach the company’s team how to internalize and implement the redirection.
The Screen Strong Solution: How to Free Your Child from Addictive Screen Habits was developed to help parents learn why their child craves screen time, what building blocks are necessary for healthy development, how to nurture the most important relationships in their child’s life, and how to replace the digital world with the real one. I worked alongside the author to develop the content, edit the material and promote the book.
Other books I also edited:
Can Your Teen Survive–and Thrive–Without a Smartphone?
Will Your Gamer Survive College?
Houseboat by Lisa Head
Telling a story takes different forms. For this project, I wrote marketing materials to engage the reader, while indirectly promoting the client’s services.
Unique as Pete: How Autism Doesn’t Mean Different, was created to entertain and educate people of all ages on autism. A portion of the proceeds from the book went to support the Autism Society of North Central Indiana, South Bend Chapter (ASNCISB) and their efforts to open an Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA) therapy center in the South Bend area. For more information, visit Amazon.
I’ve had the privilege of telling a lot of stories and this is one I’ll never forget, not because I won an award for it, but because of the brave women who openly shared their fight with the readers. The Family Fight: The Story of a Mother and Daughter Battling Breast Cancer Together appeared in The Family Magazine of Michiana. This article received the Bronze Award for Editorial Profile from the Parenting Media Association.
A Small Sampling of Articles & Blog Posts:
- 3 Keys to Having Great Data (MSIGHTS)
- Montessori for Big Kids (Charlotte Parent Education Guide)
- How the MarTech Explosion Impacts Data Integration and Transformation (MSIGHTS)
- 10 Holiday Break Camps for Kids in Charlotte (Charlotte Parent Magazine)
- Guide: Date Night With Your Tween in Charlotte (Charlotte Parent Magazine)
- Best Charlotte Suburbs for Families (Charlotte Parent Magazine)
- Post-Chalkboard Classrooms in Charlotte (Charlotte Parent Magazine)
- A Guide to Co-Parenting in the Digital Age (Charlotte Parent Magazine)
- Can Families be Screen Strong in a Digital World? (ScreenStrong)
- Keeping Kids Safe Online (Charlotte Parent Magazine)
- Is it Time for a Digital Detox? (Charlotte Parent Magazine)
- Is it Time to Switch Schools? (Charlotte Parent Magazine)
- Pursuing Your Passion Even in the Midst of Diaper Duty (Charlotte Parent Magazine)
- Taking a Sports Break Has Benefits (Charlotte Parent Magazine)
- A #Blessed Thanksgiving in a Social World (Charlotte Parent Magazine)
- One Phrase You Should Remove from Your Vocabulary (Today’s Christian Woman)
- World-Changing Moms (Today’s Christian Woman)
- 9 Ways to Help Save the Planet (Today’s Christian Woman)
- Last Firsts (Giving Birth with Confidence by Lamaze)
- Preparing for Life Beyond Birth (Giving Birth with Confidence by Lamaze)
Want to learn even more? Take a look at feedback from a few of my satisfied clients.
Ready to talk about your story and see how we can work together?